17.9.14

# on my shelf - Paulina Arcklin


One of my favourite hashtags on instagram is the #onmyshelf one
just love to admire all these beautiful styled shelves

 (or whatever used... tables, cabinets, cupboard)
 but most of all the added personal touch 
gives us the idea getting to know each other a little bit...
and that is what attracts me most!

because it thought it would be fun to share and to
be inspired by each other's creative ideas 
 I have asked some of of my favourite bloggers to share their "shelfies"
  accompanied by some words or a short story... 

this week one of my favorite and very talented interior stylist and photographer 
Paulina Arcklin shares hers in her just restyled (a total makeover)  
and new living room (her former home office)


Paulina wrote me: 

I have these 2 vintage pallet carts functioning as coffee tables in my living room, 
but actually they are more in use as shelves because
 I don’t have any kind of shelf in my house!
 I collect items and style them as a moodboard on top of these tables.
 So I call my tables moodboard tables.

At this moment, there are a few Sixtydays catalogues on my table.
 Sixtydays is a swedish fashion brand which I really love
 (not only the clothes but also the beautiful catalogue photos!) 
Two weeks ago I had such a  great time when 
Sixtydays fashion Designer Efty Kvist visited my home. 
it was amazing... She took  the2 Sixtydays skulls for me as a gift 
and that meant a lot to me...  they are very special!

On my table you can also see my latest deco addition 
 - a big wooden Indian art piece from Hoffz (bought it at Tutze.nl.)
 I love the huge size and I’m using it as a candlestick with a big candle on it. 
All these items together gives a soft ethnic vibe to my industrial moodboard tables. 

Ps. Would you like to share your #shelf??  Feel free to join in.. and send me a mail!